Window or Mirror?

The book I’m reading right now is a window for me. What I mean by that is if  story doesn’t relate to you, it’s a window. And if it does, it’s a mirror.

The reason I think it’s a window for me is because it’s magical. The book is The Dawn Treader, one of the books in the series The Chronicals of Narnia. Some reasons why is the fact that they’re traveling the world in a ship, there’s talking mice, there’s dragons, and there’s just so much more magic things that aren’t in the real world. I think the only part I can relate to is one of the characters has siblings. That’s it. When there’s a book about magic there’s a very good chance that it’s going to be a window because there’s not magic in the real world.

Just to give some context of the book, some kids get transported into a magical world through a painting, (note in other books it’s always different how they get in the world) and they fall into the ocean, get saved by an old friend, and are now exploring far away lands never explored. That’s how far I got. You can decide for yourself if this book is a window or a mirror but considering it’s centered around magic and traveling never explored lands, it’s probably a window.

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment