My Stocks Experience

Stocks. It’s a strange concept. Investing money into an imaginary bank and getting money out of it, and sometimes losing that money.

Over the course of a few months, I pretended to invest $20,000 dollars into 4 companies. I chose 2 large companies and 2 startup companies. In real life I’ve already invested in a ton of companies. It was pretty much a “package deal” so if one company goes under I still have 299 companies left.

At my stocks peak I had $37,000 dollars. A $17,000 dollars gain, but then my stocks flunked and I went back to having $20,000 dollars again. I have a lot of faith in my startup companies, and I’m planning on keeping this experiment going for a while.

During this time I’ve learned a lot about stocks, and how to read them, which stocks I should invest in, when I should invest, etc. It was a very fun experiment and I enjoyed doing it. During these months it’s taught me a lot about stocks, what they are, what they do, and how to take advantage of them to make money.

The reason we did this was so we could learn more about stocks and learn how to invest. There was a lot in there that I didn’t know about so it was very interesting to learn more about the subject. All I had really known was you invest money into something and if you get lucky you get more because the value goes up and you lose money if the company gets less value.

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment